How to Prevent Face Mask Related Skin Problems?
Wearing a protective face mask daily can be hard on your skin. Gentle skin care can prevent your mask from causing skin problems. Masks play a vital role in reducing the spread of the coronavirus. Although these outdoor face covers can also be hard on your skin, causing problems that range from acne and peeling skin to rashes and itchiness.
To help prevent skin problems from developing under your mask, we have mentioned some of the dermatologists recommend tips in the blog below.
- Cleanse and moisturize your face daily. Gentle skin care can prevent skin problems. When washing your face, use a mild, fragrance-free cleanser to prevent zits.
- Dry skin is a common face mask skin problem. Applying moisturizer adds a protective layer that can reduce dryness.
- You should apply moisturizer immediately after washing your face. To get the most benefit from a moisturizer, we recommend using a moisturizer with ingredients like ceramide or hyaluronic acid.
- If you have acne or tend to break out, you can still use a gel moisturizer. Apply moisturizer before and after wearing a mask. Moisturizer can prevent problems, especially if you have dry or sensitive skin.
- Protect your lips by applying petroleum jelly. Dry skin and chapped lips are common face mask skin problems. You can prevent chapped lips by applying petroleum jelly to your lips, after washing your face and before you put on your mask.
- Skip the makeup when wearing a mask. Beneath a mask, makeup is more likely to clog your pores and lead to breakouts. If makeup is necessary, use only products labeled “non-comedogenic” or “won't clog pores.”
- Avoid trying new skin care products that can irritate your skin. Wearing a mask for even a short time can make your skin more sensitive. To reduce skin problems, avoid trying harsh products, such as a chemical peel, exfoliant, or retinoid, for the first time.
- A snug, comfortable fit also reduces skin problems. If the mask feels too tight or slides around on your face, it can irritate your skin. You’re also more likely to adjust a poorly fitting mask. When you touch your mask, you can transfer germs to your mask and your face.
Purchase the best variants of disposable protection mask from a sought after retailer of FDA approved PPE. Browse through the virtual shelves to find best-selling products that are designed with premium raw materials.